What the FPEA Does for You
The Florida Parent Educators Association exists solely to serve homeschooling families in Florida. The FPEA serves thousands of homeschooling families in Florida by delivering a wealth of support, guidance and information to both new and longtime home educators.
FPEA can help you by:
SAFEGUARDING THE LEGAL RIGHT TO HOMESCHOOL
FPEA supports the legal right to homeschool by keeping our finger on the pulse of what is happening in Tallahassee and informing the membership of things pertinent to homeschooling and parenting in general. FPEA partners with Home Education Foundation, a full-time lobbyist for homeschoolers. Also, FPEA participates in Day at the Capitol, which serves a day for homeschool lobbying and legal support.
INTERACTING WITH LOCAL SCHOOL BOARDS
FPEA serve as a liaison with local school boards, making sure that the homeschooling law is understood, requirements are followed and questions are answered. Members having difficulty with their local school board can request assistance from FPEA.
SUPPORTING A NETWORK OF LOCAL HOMESCHOOL SUPPORT GROUPS
In addition to merely acknowledging member support groups, FPEA fosters their growth and vitality, including posting their contact information on the FPEA website.
HOLDING A STATEWIDE CONVENTION, LOCAL CONFERENCES AND OTHER EVENTS
Aside from an annual convention that is attended by thousands of homeschoolers, FPEA offers orientation programs for getting started and for high school, plus hosts and supports local conferences and events. In addition, FPEA offers leadership training for those people interested in learning more about homeschooling and helping others.
COMMUNICATING TIMELY INFORMATION AND IDENTIFYING EMERGING TRENDS
FPEA delivers access to District Directors, who both answer questions and offer encouragement to members and non-members regarding all aspects of homeschooling via phone, e-mail and in-person meetings. These directors also represent members while working with local, state and national leaders.
DISPENSING EXPERT PHONE SUPPORT
FPEA has the most accurate, up-to-date information available to educate and inform its members. And response is prompt, so critical information is only a phone call or e-mail away. As a result, FPEA is there for members who are in the midst of homeschool challenges.
Plus, FPEA can help by:
- Supplying required forms and documents
- Offering the Guide to Homeschooling in Florida, a rich resource for beginners and veterans alike (free for members)
- Publishing the information-packed Connect, filled with helpful articles by home education experts (sent to members)
- Giving a substantial discount on registration for the annual FPEA Florida Homeschool Convention (plus an advance copy of the Convention program), as well as on an array of educational merchandise.
- Creating the opportunity to participate in the FPEA Statewide Graduation Ceremony and to apply for scholarships
- Provide scholarships through the FPEA Homeschool Foundation. The foundation serves the Florida homeschool community through not only promoting the benefits of home education, but also by providing assistance to homeschooling families in need. Thus, the foundation works to enhance the success of FPEA students. Over the years, the FPEA has sponsored various scholarships to help FPEA member families as well as the entire homeschool community. Scholarships Offered Include:
- Compassion Fund
- Single Parents Scholarships
- College Scholarships